*POWERED BY PATRONS*
I’ve always wanted to fire up a podcast, so this is a humble attempt to begin.
all of this is being funded by my patreon, as with everything lately, so if you’re a patron: THANK YOU!!! you made this happen.
on sunday, January 15th at 11 am, missy higgins (an extraordinary australian songwriter) and i got together in The Astor Theatre in Melbourne and talked about what was on our minds regarding motherhood and life..and we played some music. missy is an amazing person, and we found a ton of common ground, i could have talked to her for hours and hours – it felt like we were just getting going. note to self: the next time i podcast, leave four hours to talk. and maybe don’t do it at 11 am – who does ANYTHING at 11 am?
i figured this was going to be a good enough discussion to try to capture and podcast…so i hired a small audio and editing crew and WE DID IT. the room audio is a little shaky, but we tried our best. additional talking was recorded in the astor theater bathroom (not kidding, it was the only quiet space after the event) and then i did a few vocal overdubs.
here we are, after the gig.
thank you for listening !
i found there was a huge learning curve with podcasting – and i can’t wait to do more.
if you enjoyed this, please consider joining my patreon so i can MAKE MORE THINGS, and please go support missy’s music HERE.
1) A Mother’s Confession (by Amanda Palmer) – Recorded live @ the Astor Theatre, Melbourne
2) Cats in the Cradle (by H & S Chapin performed by Amanda Palmer & Missy Higgins) – Recorded live @ the Astor Theatre, Melbourne
3) Cats in the Cradle (by H & S Chapin performed by Amanda Palmer) – Recorded live @ the Mona
4) Sammy’s Song (by Missy Higgins) – Recorded live @ the Astor Theatre, Melbourne
5) The Beatles – Let It Be (performed by Amanda Palmer & Missy Higgins) – Recorded live @ the Astor Theatre, Melbourne
bonus: there’s also a download of the original version of “A Mother’s Confession” in case you don’t already have it!
you can also hear a performance of Missy’s song “Oh Canada” featured in the podcast, but it is not included with the individual song downloads.
thanks to alain de botton and the school of life for initiating and hosting this conversation. learn more about the school of life HERE.
Podcast Producer: Beth Gibson
Recording & Mixing Engineer: Nick Edin
all photos by Love Bree Photography.
missy and i covered cats in the cradle at the twitter suggestion of the one and only regina spektor: