Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under
- Makin' Whoopie
- Vegemite (The Black Death)
- Map of Tasmania (feat. The Young Punx)
- In My Mind (feat. Brian Viglione)
- Bad Wine and Lemon Cake (feat. The Jane Austen Argument)
- New Zealand
- On An Unknown Beach
- We're Happy Little Vegemites
- Doctor Oz
- Formidable Marinade (feat. Mikelangelo & Lance Horne)
- The Ship Song
i am currently hosting my music here for FREE / NAME YOUR PRICE…
and this is possible because i am using patreon, a new crowd-support platform
now housing thousands of my listeners who believe in direct arts patronage!
if you are hard up and can’t afford to download this, PLEASE TAKE IT FOR FREE.
if you’re a one-time listener and would like to donate, please consider dropping a dollar or more in the blank box.
if you’re a supporter of my patreon: take what you want, and THANK YOU!!!
YOU ARE WHAT MAKES ALL THIS FREE CONTENT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!to support my patreon, where you can hang me with me, the community, and get special webcasts, blogs
and other Things I Make , go here: www.patreon.com/amandapalmer
Lyrics and more cool stuff from “Down Under” coming soon!
Follow @AFPwire on Twitter to find out more!
released January 21, 2011
1. “Makin’ Whoopee” written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn. Published by Donaldson Publishing Co. Recorded live by Tony David Cray, Sydney Opera House Recording Studios.
2. “Australia” written by Amanda Palmer. Recorded live by Tony David Cray, Sydney Opera House Recording Studios.
3. “Vegemite (the black death)” written by Amanda Palmer. Recorded live at the Sydney Opera House by Tony David Cray.
4. “Map of Tasmania” written by Amanda Palmer Featuring The Young Punx. Written By Hal Ritson, Amanda Palmer and Michele Balduzzi
Published by Henry Ritson – administered by Kobalt Music Group, Michele Balduzzi – administered by Kobalt Music Group. Produced by Amanda Palmer, Hal Ritson and Michele Balduzzi. Vocals by Amanda Palmer, Ukulele by Guthrie Govan, Keyboards and programming by Hal Ritson and Michele Balduzzi Recorded at Mixmasters in Adelaide with Mick Wordley with additional recording at Chez Young Punx.
5. “In My Mind” written by Amanda Palmer. Featuring Brian Viglione on Percussion. Recorded at Mixmasters in Adelaide with Mick Wordley. Additional Recording by Martin Bisi in Brooklyn, NY.
6. “Bad Wine and Lemon Cake” performed by Amanda Palmer and The Jane Austen Argument Written by: Tom Dickins. Arranged by: Jennifer Kingwell. Published by Apra. Recorded Live at the Adelaide Fringe Festival in a tent in a garden.
7. “New Zealand” written by Amanda Palmer. Recorded live in Wellington at Bar Bodega by Madmat.
8. “On an Unknown Beach” written by Jefferies Peter Bryce. Published by Apra. Recorded at Mixmasters in Adelaide with Mick Wordley
9. “We’re Happy Little Vegemites” written by J. Walter Thompson. Recorded live by Tony David Cray, Sydney Opera House Recording Studios.
10. “Doctor Oz” written by Amanda Palmer. Recorded live by Tony David Cray, Sydney Opera House Recording Studios.
11. “A Formidable Marinade” written by Mikelangelo. Published by Apra. Performed by Mikelangelo with Amanda Palmer on Piano. Recorded live by Tony David Cray, Sydney Opera House Recording Studios.
12. “The Ship Song” written by Nicholas Edward Cave. Published by Embassy Music Corp OBO Mute Song. Recorded live at the Sydney Opera House by Tony David Cray.
*Amanda Palmer plays Piano & Ukulele (except on “Bad Wine and Lemon Cake,” with Piano played by Jennifer Kingwell and “Map of Tasmania” with Ukulele played by Guthrie Govan.)
*Lance Horne plays five instruments on “Formidable Marinade.”
All mixed by Mick Wordley at Mixmasters in Adelaide, Australia except “Map of Tasmania,” mixed by Hal Ritson.
Mastered by Mick Wordley too. He does it all.
Amanda Palmer appears courtesy of Her Fucking Self.
i would love to thank my australian posse: mick & his family; tom, jen, robyn, mikelangelo, lance & meow meow (WHAT. IS. HIGH?); peter & claire, my adopted melbourne family, and steven mitchell wright & all the members of the danger ensemble for making art with me. thanks to everyone who’s put me up, fed me, loaned me pianos and ukuleles and shit and generally helped me circle the dream.
sincerest gratitude to kyle cassidy, marianne wilson, milton wordley, elissa maloney, azaria, rachael pyper and hazel dooney for contributing gorgeous art for this album.
giant thanks to virginia & the folks at the sydney opera house.
huge fucking love to my team chaos: beth, sean, arielle, superkate, hayley & eric, along with honorary chaos-teamers kayla & john and chaos-interns rachel, ashleigh, lauren & autumn. giant thanks and love to ron nordin for ongoing generous support, and love to my moxy neilhimself, anth, laura, my family and all the other folks who make amanda fucking palmer possible.
this album is dedicated to
THE PEOPLE OF NEW ZEALAND
AND THE PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA.
you are all awesome.
PUNK CABARET IS FREEDOM.