for the craft-loving among you, a word from our merch queen: boutique merch is back in stock!
very occasionally i fully hand the mic over to someone at team AFP for a post, and right now, with the world feeling up in flames, i honestly don’t know why we shouldn’t get excited about ukulele pins and hand-crafted journals. it all seems to fit into the surreal sign of the times.
but honestly: i have been trying to work with smaller indie artists, jewelers, crafters and artisans since the dawn of the dresden dolls. if i’m gonna sell merch, i’m always going to try to give work back to the community, too.
it takes a lot more effort to work with tiny artists than to just, yknow, print a bunch of black t-shirts in sweat shops. so this is where you come in. please….support these artists from our own community and BUY THEIR WARES!! the holidays are not ridiculously far away.
and while we are at it…if you have an idea for something crafty, hit up the merch queen. alex and i are always looking for new artists, new ideas, and new boutique-y merch products, throw your ideas over to email@example.com
and with that, over to the merch queen himself:
hey folks – very excited to officially announce that our handmade boutique offerings are now restocked in both the UK AND now for the first time the US store!!
all of these things were originally on sale only in the UK store last November for the holidays, when they were SUPER POPULAR and sold out in a couple of days. so we’ve ordered MORE, and now we’ve also got a batch of them shipped over to the US store too (both stores do ship worldwide, but obviously shipping costs will vary!)
these “just a ride” necklaces were made by Lucy Atkinson, who runs a small jewellery business LMW Designs
here’s some photos she sent through of the process:
aaaaand these ukulele pins were designed and produced by another member of this community, Cherie Bruce of Squidly Kitten
and here’s some pin progress!!!
and FINALLY – we have journals made by Devon artist Rosie Sherwood.
there are five versions available, each covered with lyrics to a different song, written out in amanda’s own fair handwriting and collaged together on the hardcover. we did lost, sing, girl anachronism, machete, and in my mind.
(NOTE – these journals are only available in the UK store… given the bulk and weight of them, the financial logistics make it hard to ship a bulk of them over. SORRY!!)
we’re posting about these here on Patreon FIRST, so you get first crack at them. we’ll probably post to socials some time next week, and I doubt they’ll last too long once they’re out there.
and DON’T FORGET – if you make boutique things that we could also sell as merch, email us!!! we are always, always looking for boutique merch. it’s a beautiful way to offer work to some of the talented artists in our community, and let the rest of the community buy beautiful things. EVERYONE WINS.
send over your wares to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll hit you right back.
amanda / alex
——THE NEVER-ENDING AS ALWAYS———
1. if you are a patron and new to my work, don’t forget your patronage allows you access to ALL of my patreon releases to date. HERE is the link to download my latest big solo record, “There Will Be No Intermission”, and HERE is a link to download the PDF of the art/essay book that goes with it.
2. if you’re a patron reading this post via an email notification, please click through to comment on this post. at the very least, if you’ve read it, indicate that by using the heart symbol. that’s always nice for me to see, so i know who’s reading.
3. see All the Things (over 150 of them) i’ve made so far on patreon:
4. JOIN THE SHADOWBOX COMMUNITY FORUM, find your people, and discuss everything: https://forum.theshadowbox.net/
5. new to my music and TOTALLY OVERWHELMED? TAKE A WALK THROUGH AMANDALANDA….we made a basic list of my greatest hits n stuff (at least up until a few years ago, this desperately needs updating) on this lovely page: http://amandalanda.amandapalmer.net/
6. general AFP/patreon-related questions? ask away, someone will answer: email@example.com