Lizzo’s TED talk just went up, and this is a must-watch.
short story: WATCH LIZZO’S TED TALK:
greetings from hardcore Aotearoa EnZed lockdown day FORTY FIVE!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!
dudes. i’m in a really unusual place in my life.
truly battening the hatches, feeling healthier and more clear-eyed than ever and filled with love for everyone and everything…..and also feeling slightly unhinged with the never-ending lockdown heeb-jeebs knocking at my door. so much weird unpredictability of when this lockdown will end. could be wednesday. could be january. we just….don’t know. there’s an announcement on monday about whether we’ll go down a level. for no, there’s still nothing open but the grocery, and no school, and no friends for any of us to play with. but at least we can go swimming in level 3. i’ve been plunging my body into the cold water and feeling alive, alive, alive.
lots of contemplative hiking, too…and here are two of my favorite shots from the last few days…
luckily this TED talk just landed in my inbox today and PEOPLE, you gotta watch this. i very rarely do patreon posts just to holler at you about a piece of somebody else’s work, so trust be, peoples, you know it’s gotta be good when i do.
this one’s also bittersweet for me. i had a TICKET TO THIS GODDAMN CONFERENCE. i was supposed to be at TED monterey about a month ago. i had to sell the ticket to a friend.
i would have been there.
I WOULD HAVE TWERKED WITH LIZZO.
but hey, wait.
i’m on an island in new zealand that’s never had a case of covid.
i think i’m still a few points ahead.
lizzo knocked her talk OUT OF THE FUCKING PARK.
as a TED speaker who knows the work that has to go into a talk like this…i am so proud she did this and did this so right, from the material to the huge swings between comical and serious…i almost cried at the end.
i definitely stood up, no shit, at the end AND DANCED AND WHOOPED ALL ALONE IN MY KITCHEN (neil has ash in lockdown today) and goddamn it felt good. empowering. truly.
dance with me, people, dance with me.
watch it here, and share this shit allllllll over the internet, she deserves it:
i tweeted it here.
and shared it on facebook here.
STANDING O LIZZO !!!
i love all of you !!!
hi ho hi ho back to lockdown cleaning house i go
——THE NEVER-ENDING AS ALWAYS———
1. if you are a patron and new to my work, don’t forget your patronage allows you access to ALL of my patreon releases to date. HERE is the link to download my latest big solo record, “There Will Be No Intermission”, and HERE is a link to download the PDF of the art/essay book that goes with it.
2. if you’re a patron reading this post via an email notification, please click through to comment on this post. at the very least, if you’ve read it, indicate that by using the heart symbol. that’s always nice for me to see, so i know who’s reading.
3. see All the Things (over 150 of them) i’ve made so far on patreon:
4. JOIN THE SHADOWBOX COMMUNITY FORUM, find your people, and discuss everything: https://forum.theshadowbox.net/
5. are you new to my music and TOTALLY OVERWHELMED? TAKE A WALK THROUGH AMANDALANDA….we made a basic list of my greatest hits n stuff (at least up until a few years ago, this desperately needs updating) on this lovely page: http://amandalanda.amandapalmer.net/
6. general AFP/patreon-related questions? ask away, someone will answer: email@example.com