not seeing, in order to see.
just a quickie – love from hardcore NZ lockdown day 53.
ash got tired on the hike – it *was* three hours – but he also got scared being up on my shoulders.
the water here is the color of relief.
the summer is coming.
the air is getting thicker with the smell of blossoms and heat.
and though we are in lockdown, i’m happier than i’ve ever been in my life…with these small, sticky hands covering my eyes, preventing me from seeing more than four feet in front of me. in all ways, he is my compass and my guide.
not seeing, in order to see. to see what’s been clearly right in front of me all along.
i’ll write more in the next few days.
i love you all…you support me, you blind me, you love me, and you also really guide me. all fo you. i follow.
(also, i answered all comments on the last post, if you commented, go check: https://www.patreon.com/posts/57137324)
i carry him.
he carries me.
we all carry each other.
(photos of us by our wonderful friend xander. rest my me.)
p.s. general lockdown mood: take me now.
——THE STUFF I SAY AT THE END OF EVERY POST ——
1. if you are a patron and new to my work, don’t forget your patronage allows you access to ALL of my patreon releases to date. HERE is the link to download my latest big solo record, “There Will Be No Intermission”, and HERE is a link to download the PDF of the art/essay book that goes with it.
2. if you’re a patron reading this post via an email notification, please click through to comment on this post. at the very least, if you’ve read it, indicate that by using the heart symbol. that’s always nice for me to see, so i know who’s reading.
3. see All the Things (over 150 of them) i’ve made so far on patreon:
4. JOIN THE SHADOWBOX COMMUNITY FORUM, find your people, and discuss everything: https://forum.theshadowbox.net/
5. are you new to my music and TOTALLY OVERWHELMED? TAKE A WALK THROUGH AMANDALANDA….we made a basic list of my greatest hits n stuff (at least up until a few years ago, this desperately needs updating) on this lovely page: http://amandalanda.amandapalmer.net/
6. general AFP/patreon-related questions? ask away, someone will answer: email@example.com